Created to give you key tools to help you de-stress, drive, confidence and mood. PTSD Beautiful Trauma 2.0 is all about coping skills and relaxation resources. Quickly relieve stress with free relaxation scripts and audio downloads, and self-help techniques. **Spoiler ** in March 2020, Prince Harry, or just Harry, published a platform for Mental Fitness called “Headfit for Life”. It was addressed in particular to military personnel in order to help them to keep their mind trained, and fit, to reach their potential. My veteran friend D. told me that it was not helpful for him. He’s been a RAF engineer for many years, and he needs to soothe his brain more often (he sleeps three hours per night). A method called Mindfulness/Sophrology is now used in the British military schools, and french hospitals, but it’s not working for everybody. In case it’s teasing you, and you want to give a try, I am using my breathing techniques and my voice to guide you. In lock down, I find it more playful than doing it by yourself, especially, if you don’t have a clou of what we are talking about. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to your first free course in Meditation. It all started in a Veteran Day… x
Helpful Tips for Getting Started
- You be the judge. If you feel any discomfort or lightheadedness, stop immediately and return to normal breathing. Consult an instructor for guidance and supervision.
- Never force or restrict your breath. Don’t compromise the quality of the breath. Do the best that you can. The more you practice, the longer you’ll be able to perform the exercises, and eventually, you’ll be able to use more of your lung capacity.
- Patience and practice. Pranayama should be done with great care and awareness. Try to stay focused on the journey, not the destination! Over time, you will start to notice the benefits of the practice.
- Precautions. If you are pregnant, or suffer from diabetes, high or low blood pressure, heart conditions, epilepsy, or vertigo, please consult your health care provider before performing any of these breathing exercises.
The Power of Breath #1
Let me introduce you to the magic of eastern breathing techniques.
The quality of your breathing gives you information about your lifestyle and your personality. Between 2016 and 2020, I have been practicing these techniques to focus my mind, grounding, and find center. In 2018 I have attended a course in Paris of Sophrology (Mindfulness), but something did not resonate with me. I felt that I could not become a therapist and put my practice into service to others as anybody would do in a modern world. Anxiety was still high in 2018 and public transportation in Paris was more than challenging for an empath and highly sensitive, dealing with PTSD, in the middle of an identity crisis!!! Until one day (last tuesday), bells in my head have convinced me to take some action, and I could not find any better than sharing my learning skills with you. Namasté !!
Check out #1 Episode here https://www.podcastics.com/player/extended/1431/40061/
Script of Pranayama Exercise.
- Sit in a comfortable position with your spine straight.
- Have your left hand resting on your knee with your right hand up towards your nose.
- Exhale completely, then use your right thumb to block off the right nostril.
- Inhale through the left nostril, then close the left nostril with your fingers.
- Open the right nostril and then exhale through this side.
- Inhale through the right nostril, then close off this nostril.
- Open the left nostril and then exhale through this side.
- This is one round — continue for at least 3 minutes. Finish by exhaling on the left side, and take a few breaths through both nostrils to close out.
addictions afghanistan anger anxiety awareness belonging break down burn out combat stress coping with ptsd dark night of the soul depression emotional empath empathy fear highly sensitive person homecoming hsp meditation mental health mental illness mindfulness paris attacks post traumatic stress disorders psychological ptsd PTSD AWARENESS resilience sebastian junger self care self discovery self love self worth shell shock social anxiety spiritual awakening stress stress disorders trauma tribe veterans vets war vets yoga